Activities / Social Events
All members new or old are encouraged to attend our many regularly scheduled activities as well as special events, some require advance reservations. Refer to the monthly calendar on the website or read about events in the Pelican Newsletter. Members, families and guest are welcomed with open arms.
There are good ships, and there are wood ships, and the ships that sail the sea. But the best ships are friendships, and may they always be.- Irish Proverb
Regularly Scheduled Activities
- Tuesdays - 3rd Tuesday each month, additional dates may be added, Couples Bridge 4pm with dinner to follow
- Wednesdays - Men’s Bridge, 9:15am
- Wednesdays - Dinghy Dames, 10am
- Thursdays - Mah Jongg, 9am
- Thursdays - Ladies Bridge, 9:30am
- Fridays - Every Friday Night, TGIF Cocktail Hour 6 -7 pm, Buffet 7 pm
- Saturdays - On the Water Activities - Dates & Times TBD
- Monthly - Check our calendar for our “Meet The Artist” TGIF
- Bayside - Kayaks, Paddle Boards, Sunfish and Optimists available for use by Club members and their guests.
- Beach - CIYC Gulf Beach with chairs and umbrellas for Members
- Facilities - Boaters Bath / Showers, Beach Restroom with Outside Access, Docking Facilities
Selected Special Events for 2016 / 2017 Season - Save the Date
- October 25th, 2016 – Environmental Education Lecture - Save the Manatees Club. 10:30--11:30 am, presented by Ms. Cora Berchem, a multimedia specialist with the Save the Manatee Club. Lecture is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.
- October 28th, 2016 – “Fish For All” Fishing Tournament 12:00-4:00pm $250 /person-boat with guide & equipment provided or $250 entry fee per boat. TGIF awards ceremony. Reservations: Jay Brown email@example.com
- October 29th, 2016 - Downton Daze - Celebrating the spirit of Downton Abbey and the roaring 20's. Cocktails 6-7 pm, 7pm Dinner.
- November 3rd, 2016 – “Meet The Fleet” in Sarasota - Join us on Thursday, November 3rd, for 5 pm "Docktails" (cocktails on the docks of Marina Jacks) in the heart of scenic downtown Sarasota, followed by dinner at 7 pm at the Sarasota Yacht Club.
- November 15th, 2016 - Sanibel Historical Society Luncheon and Presentation
- February 2nd, 2017 – “Meet The Fleet” in Naples Overnight at the Cove Inn or Naples Bay Resort . The 38th Annual Naples Arts Festival Naples Cruise.
- February 28th, 2017 - Environmental Education Presentation by the Nature Conservancy.
- April 8-9, 2017 – “Meet The Fleet” Punta Gorda / Boca Grande